Friday, February 29, 2008

A Tatttoo for Joe Farmer



I was reading through the blogosphere and read a post by Joe Farmer. Joe is contemplating getting a tattoo (see above examples)…well; I thought I might take this opportunity to share my two cents as to what kind of tattoo would be best for my fellow blogger.

Joe,

The two ideas you have shared are…well…they’re ok…if you want to be average and mediocre. But in all fairness, the whole tattoos with religious meaning...blah blah blah...has been done. If you want to go with something really cool...I'd suggest the following 3 choices:
3. Barbwire...yep…it looks cool and would be kind of original.
2. A tattoo on your arm that said: “Tattoo”...subtle, I know...but effective and consistent.
1. A tattoo on your arm that is the exact color of your skin. Sure most people won't see it, but you will have gone through excruciating pain to get it and will know its there. Then you can look at other people who have so vainly put select tattoos in various other colors and designs so that other people can see them...show boats and glory boys ...you'll know that they’re just a bunch of sellouts. In the end, the only time people might see your tattoo is if you get a dark tan or a really bad sunburn. But the rest of the time, only you and the Holy Spirit will know its there…and isn’t that the point anyway?

Hope this helps.

Lee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe I'l just get a Marilyn Monroe Mole.

Sarah said...

I vote...number 2. Clever.

Nathan O. said...

I was considering a SGA brand for all incoming exec's... It really helps us to "stick out". Anyone can sit and get a needle poke a thousand times, but how many of us can say they know what a beef cattle feels like on a day to day basis??


your thoughts?

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

barbed wire is not original at all. actually, tattoos are not original at all.

Phil O. said...

Travis...I don't know where you've been...but I think I'm the first person to come up with the idea of a barbed wire tattoo on one's arm. I do agree about Tattoo's not being original...thats why my options are the best if one chooses to get a tattoo. I for one, do not have one.

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

Lee,
You are either terribly sarcastic (which is the case) or you have never been in southern Ohio.

Ryan Schmitz said...

A tattoo of southern ohio would be cool, better yet just a tattoo of the path of the ohio river... with little hash mark through it. Wait that would look like barbed wire, yep barbed wire it is.