Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thoughts from the couch...



I’m just laying on the couch today and relaxing. Bridget is resting in our room and the kids are all asleep. I built a fire in the wood stove and am listening to some old records. Currently playing…a Frank Sinatra album. My friend Sarah gave me a huge pile of old records that she was getting rid of (Thanks Sarah) and I’m enjoying going through these vintage albums. Don’t get me wrong, I like my ipod, and love the idea of having music in your pocket, but I still appreciate listening to these classics on the record player. Maybe its just nostalgia, but who cares.

Anyway, here I sit. The atmosphere is very comforting and I can't help but appreciate the smell of the Christmas tree in the room. We have a live tree. Actually, I guess its pretty dead now, but either way, it’s not a fake tree. I could probably write an entire blog about the communists that have the audacity to place these counterfeit trees in their homes. But I digress. Good music, crackling fire, sleeping children. It’s a good day. Only two things are missing. The first is a cup coffee and the second, well; suffice it to say that it’s something that both my employer and the pezzonovante of the church (Godfather reference) forbid. So for now…I’ll just see about that cup of coffee.

3 comments:

Ryan Schmitz said...

Ahhh, a wooden box to keep stuff in. I would like one of those as well.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that the records are getting good use and not just collecting dust in my basement.

Enjoy!

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

are you proposing that a man-made tree is not real? i would content the reality is the state of existence and my "fake" tree, indeed, exists, thereby making it real.