Monday, November 12, 2007

Looking back...

How in the world did MC Hammer ever become as popular as he did? Now, I admit that I listened to the music and even had a MC Hammer tape (yes a tape). My lowest point of course was when I actually had a pair of "Hammer pants" and British Knights tennis shoes. After extensive counseling and group therapy, I've come to a place in my life where I am now able to put these tramatic expereiences behind me. But I still wonder how this guy ever made millions of dollars.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! The sheer amount of Spandex in that video is a little unnerving.

I will have to say that much to my chagrin, not a single lyric escaped my memory.

Ryan Schmitz said...

My concern is more with the US obsession with referring to all athletic-type shoes as tennis shoe.

You almost single handedly make my arguement for me by referencing BKs as tennis shoes. Who in their right mind would actually play tennis wearing British Knights?

Phil O. said...

Sarah,

I too found myself quoting the lyrics as I watched the video. It's very scary.

Anonymous said...

Lee you forgot to mention that your "Hammer" pants were purple

Anonymous said...

You know, I loved MC Hammer back in the day and still give props to him. Why must we try and tear down the Hammer? Let's get together "to pray just to make it today." Let's not "touch" the Hammer with our harsh words. Was a fan, still am a fan, will continue to be a fan.

Rock on M.C. . . . rock the mic